In this course you will learn how to;
- Create and manage a test server
- Install the WordPress software
- Change it’s function from a blog to a website
- Configure a WordPress site
- Add pages and content
- Add dynamic content via widgets
- Install themes to enhance the look of your website
- Create a custom contact form
Use the buttons below to navigate through the lesson
We will demonstrate how to create and manage a test server to install and configure a WordPress site on a local PC. For the purposes of this course all the demonstrations will be carried out on this test server, although the lessons could be completed on a fully functioning web server.
In the next lesson we will download and install the XAMPP software. This will be used to create a test web server on which we will host our WordPress test site.