Use Free Online Training Courses To Study for Microsoft Accreditation.
Exam 70-270 and 70-290
By following the lessons on this site you will study the following topics ;-
Installing Windows XP Professional Perform and troubleshoot an attended installation of Windows XP Professional.
Perform and troubleshoot an unattended installation of Windows XP Professional.
- Install Windows XP Professional by using Remote Installation Services (RIS).
- Install Windows XP Professional by using the System Preparation Tool.
- Create unattended answer files by using Setup Manager to automate the installation of Windows XP Professional.
Upgrade from a previous version of Windows to Windows XP Professional.
- Prepare a computer to meet upgrade requirements.
- Migrate existing user environments to a new installation.
Perform post-installation updates and product activation.
Troubleshoot failed installations. Implementing and Conducting Administration of
Resources Monitor, manage, and troubleshoot access to files and folders.
- Configure, manage, and troubleshoot file compression.
- Control access to files and folders by using permissions.
- Optimize access to files and folders. Manage and troubleshoot access to shared folders.
- Create and remove shared folders.
- Control access to shared folders by using permissions.
- Manage and troubleshoot Web server resources.
Connect to local and network print devices.
- Manage printers and print jobs.
- Control access to printers by using permissions.
- Connect to an Internet printer.
- Connect to a local print device.
Configure and manage file systems.
- Convert from one file system to another file system.
- Configure NTFS, FAT32, or FAT file systems.
Manage and troubleshoot access to and synchronization of offline files. Implementing, Managing, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Drivers Implement, manage, and troubleshoot disk devices.
- Install, configure, and manage DVD and CD-ROM devices.
- Monitor and configure disks.
- Monitor, configure, and troubleshoot volumes.
- Monitor and configure removable media, such as tape devices.
Implement, manage, and troubleshoot display devices.
- Configure multiple-display support.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot a video adapter.
Configure Advanced Configuration Power Interface (ACPI). Implement, manage, and troubleshoot input and output (I/O) devices.
- Monitor, configure, and troubleshoot I/O devices, such as printers, scanners, multimedia devices, mouse, keyboard, and smart card reader.
- Monitor, configure, and troubleshoot multimedia hardware, such as cameras.
- Install, configure, and manage modems.
- Install, configure, and manage Infrared Data Association (IrDA) devices.
- Install, configure, and manage wireless devices.
- Install, configure, and manage USB devices.
- Install, configure, and manage hand held devices.
- Install, configure, and manage network adapters.
Manage and troubleshoot drivers and driver signing. Monitor and configure multiprocessor computers. Monitoring and Optimizing System Performance and Reliability Monitor, optimize, and troubleshoot performance of the Windows XP Professional desktop.
- Optimize and troubleshoot memory performance.
- Optimize and troubleshoot processor utilization.
- Optimize and troubleshoot disk performance.
- Optimize and troubleshoot application performance.
- Configure, manage, and troubleshoot Scheduled Tasks.
Manage, monitor, and optimize system performance for mobile users. Restore and back up the operating system, System State data, and user data.
- Recover System State data and user data by using Windows Backup.
- Troubleshoot system restoration by starting in safe mode.
- Recover System State data and user data by using the Recovery console.
Configuring and Troubleshooting the Desktop Environment Configure and manage user profiles and desktop settings. Configure support for multiple languages or multiple locations.
- Enable multiple-language support.
- Configure multiple-language support for users.
- Configure local settings.
- Configure Windows XP Professional for multiple locations.
Manage applications by using Windows Installer packages. Implementing, Managing, and Troubleshooting Network Protocols and Services Configure and troubleshoot the TCP/IP protocol. Connect to computers by using dial-up networking.
- Connect to computers by using a virtual private network (VPN) connection.
- Create a dial-up connection to connect to a remote access server.
- Connect to the Internet by using dial-up networking.
- Configure and troubleshoot Internet Connection Sharing (ICS).
Connect to resources by using Internet Explorer. Configure, manage, and implement Internet Information Services (IIS). Configure, manage, and troubleshoot Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance. Configure, manage, and troubleshoot an Internet Connection Firewall (ICF). Configuring, Managing, and Troubleshooting Security Configure, manage, and troubleshoot Encrypting File System (EFS). Configure, manage, and troubleshoot a security configuration and local security policy. Configure, manage, and troubleshoot local user and group accounts.
- Configure, manage, and troubleshoot auditing.
- Configure, manage, and troubleshoot account settings.
- Configure, manage, and troubleshoot account policy.
- Configure, manage, and troubleshoot user and group rights.
- Troubleshoot cache credentials.
Configure, manage, and troubleshoot Internet Explorer security settings.
For 70-290 you will need to study
Managing and Maintaining Physical and Logical Devices Manage basic disks and dynamic disks.
Monitor server hardware. Tools might include Device Manager, the Hardware Troubleshooting Wizard, and appropriate Control Panel items. Optimize server disk performance.
- Implement a RAID solution.
- Defragment volumes and partitions.
Install and configure server hardware devices.
- Configure driver signing options.
- Configure resource settings for a device.
- Configure device properties and settings.
Managing Users, Computers, and Groups Manage local, roaming, and mandatory user profiles.
Create and manage computer accounts in an Active Directory environment. Create and manage groups.
- Identify and modify the scope of a group.
- Find domain groups in which a user is a member.
- Manage group membership.
- Create and modify groups by using the Active Directory Users and Computers Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in.
- Create and modify groups by using automation.
Create and manage user accounts.
- Create and modify user accounts by using the Active Directory Users and Computers MMC snap-in.
- Create and modify user accounts by using automation.
- Import user accounts.
- Troubleshoot computer accounts.
- Diagnose and resolve issues related to computer accounts by using the Active Directory Users and Computers MMC snap-in.
- Reset computer accounts.
Troubleshoot user accounts.
- Diagnose and resolve account lockouts.
- Diagnose and resolve issues related to user account properties.
Troubleshoot user authentication issues. Managing and Maintaining Access to Resources Configure access to shared folders.
- Manage shared folder permissions.
Troubleshoot Terminal Services.
- Diagnose and resolve issues related to Terminal Services security.
- Diagnose and resolve issues related to client access to Terminal Services.
Configure file system permissions.
- Verify effective permissions when granting permissions.
- Change ownership of files and folders.
Troubleshoot access to files and shared folders. Managing and Maintaining a Server Environment Monitor and analyze events. Tools might include Event Viewer and System Monitor. Manage software update infrastructure. Manage software site licensing.
Manage servers remotely.
- Manage a server by using Remote Assistance.
- Manage a server by using Terminal Services remote administration mode.
- Manage a server by using available support tools.
Troubleshoot print queues. Monitor system performance. Monitor file and print servers. Tools might include Task Manager, Event Viewer, and System Monitor.
- Monitor disk quotas.
- Monitor print queues.
- Monitor server hardware for bottlenecks.
Monitor and optimize a server environment for application performance.
- Monitor memory performance objects.
- Monitor network performance objects.
- Monitor process performance objects.
- Monitor disk performance objects.
Manage a Web server.
- Manage Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Manage security for IIS.
Managing and Implementing Disaster Recovery Perform system recovery for a server.
- Implement Automated System Recovery (ASR).
- Restore data from shadow copy volumes.
- Back up files and System State data to media.
- Configure security for backup operations.
Manage backup procedures.
- Verify the successful completion of backup jobs.
- Manage backup storage media.
Recover from server hardware failure. Restore backup data. Schedule backup jobs.